Athletic Coordinator, Baseball & Boys Basketball Coach
Forms & Resources
FALL: Cross Country (Gr 5-8), Field Hockey (Gr 5-8), Soccer (Co-Ed Gr 6-8), Volleyball (Girls Gr 6-8)
WINTER: Boys Basketball (Gr 6-8), Girls Basketball (Gr 6-8)
SPRING: Baseball (Gr 6-8), Softball (Gr 6-8)
Athletic Due Dates
DTS 2022-2023 Sport Season and form due dates:
Fall sports – begins 9/7/22 physical forms due by 8/15/22
Winter sports – begins 11/14/22 forms due by 10/24/22
Spring sports – begins 3/13/23 forms due by 2/27/23
Delaware Township School Athletics is a developmental program that promotes the academic, physical, psychological and social growth of the student athlete. DTS promotes a successful and positive experience for all; including but is not limited to:
- The assurance that student-athletes are to think of themselves as students first and athletes second. Success is represented in many forms (improvement in team and individual performance, achievement of team and personal goals, etc.) and does not always equate to winning.
- Participation in student athletic activity that is fun and also a significant part of the educational program that represents the high standards of ethics and sportsmanship while developing good character.
Goals of the Middle School Athletic program focus on:
- Development of the student athlete (Academic, Physical, Psychological, Social)
- Promotion of a successful and positive experience for all
Sportsmanship includes but is not limited to:
- A passionate effort to be successful with a commitment to be fair, honest, and respectful, and honor the rules of the game.
- The six pillars of character (trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship).
- A code of conduct for student-athletes, coaches, managers, parents, fans, and administrators.
Development of the student athlete included in our goals:
- Academic: Maintaining high educational and behavioral standards in the school community they represent. Student athletes are to think of themselves as students first and athletes second.
- Physical: Learning sport skills, improving physical conditioning, developing good health habits, and avoiding injuries.
- Psychological: Developing feelings of self-worth and learning to control emotional situations.
- Social: Learning cooperation in a competitive context and appropriate standards of behavior.