Pre-School wait-list changes for the 2020-2021 school year
Due to our history of a large number of student withdrawals from the wait-list (some very close to the start date), the procedure for registering for preschool will change as follows:
- All families on the “Interested” list will be contacted by November 15th. Seats will be assigned on a first come first serve basis upon completion and receipt of the registration packet and a non-refundable down payment of $100 for each new student. Final due date is January 1st.
- Returning students will be guaranteed a seat with a Commitment form and non-refundable down payment of $50 for each returning student. Down payment due date: February 15th.
- By March 15th, the decision to have one or two preschool classes for the following year will be decided. Applications with deposits will be accepted up to that date prior to the final decision if seats are still available.
- Seats declined after the cut-off dates will be offered to students on a new wait-list.
Our Wildcat Cubs Preschool proudly utilizes the Creative Curriculum, which is a developmentally sound program that provides hands-on and extensive learning opportunities for each child to actively explore. Our curriculum is aligned to the New Jersey Preschool Teaching and Learning Standards to create a well-rounded learning experience focusing on the following areas of early childhood development:
1) language development (listening and speaking, reading and writing)
2) social/emotional development (sense of self, responsibility for self and others, prosocial behavior)
3) cognitive development (learning and problem solving. Logical thinking, representation and symbolic thinking)
4) physical development (gross motor, fine motor)
Through play, small non-static groups, and large group learning, our driving goal is to provide a learning environment that incorporates the many unique interests and abilities of each child, in turn fostering grand individual growth within and across all developmental areas. Embracing a positive connection with learning and their own wonderful abilities is key for a child to remain a successful, engaged, and dynamic, life-long learner. DTS Wildcat Cubs Preschool is a great way to start building that foundation!
DTS Wildcat Cubs Preschool provides an inclusive learning environment open to both typically developing children and those with special needs.
*Full Day program: Monday-Friday 9:00-3:00
We accept students as soon as they reach their 3rd birthday!
For more information and/or to schedule a visit to the DTS Wildcat Cubs Preschool Program please contact:
Patricia Pillon: School & CITE Supervisor 609-397-3179 ext. 315